Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The City

So after a very stressful and anxious two months or pacing and unbelievable lows in my confidence levels, I finally received word from the University of Pittsburgh.

But before I get into that, I will start by saying how my day went yesterday!

I got up at 10 intending to write a paper and that didn't happen, I just did some math homework while Greys Anatomy was playing in the background. I was not thinking too much of anything that morning but I was looking at my whiteboard calendar that also has my short term and long term goals. Most of these goals of course include Pittsburgh related things. So I started thinking about it but I didn't want to get worked up about it. Then Rachel and I were talking when I was on my way to work and we both decided we would hear from them soon because we were both getting anxious. But again, I brushed it off and went to work for 6 hours and didn't think too much into it.

After having a good day at work, busy but good, I went home and just wanted to sit down but as soon as I walked into the kitchen, my mom holds up an envelope and my heart stopped when I saw who it was from. The admissions office at Pittsburgh. And then I didn't want to know anymore. Any time I've been sent mail that had information in it that could either boost my confidence or tear it down, its always been bad news and never in my favor. So I didn't want to open it, but my mom wanted to so I leaned up against the counter when I opened it and after I read the first line I gave the paper to my mom and we started laughing because I was accepted.

I've been accepted to the University of Pittsburgh.

I was so overjoyed I couldn't believe it. The only issue was it was to the wrong campus but after thinking about it, I realized that I would still be transferring in as a freshmen so I wouldn't have any spot in the freshmen class at the main campus. So I think if I do one semester at Bradford (the other campus I got into) then I'll be able to transfer. There are more spots in (technically) my 'class' but im behind on credits since I started late but its a start and I'm in the school. I just didn't have a spot in the main campus. But now, I'm going to Pittsburgh in April for the Tansfer Orientation so me and my mom can see a=if we can work out something; but for right now, plans are being made for apartments, financial aid, and its all becoming so real. And I cannot wait to be up there.

This is where my life begins. A new start.

Bring. It. On.


No comments:

Post a Comment