Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Jose Gregorio Gutierrez

I haven't posted in a few days but its been an awful few days.

On Friday night my best friends brother was hit by a car when crossing University and was killed on impact. They didn't find out until Saturday and that's when Joy texted me. It was such crazy news that I didn't believe it. Its been a long weekend and yesterday was the viewing and the funeral. Everything that was said last night and today was beautiful.

If he taught me anything, it was to be happy. He was never upset, never angry. He made everyone smile and was such a beautiful soul.

You never know the last time you'll see someone. He was never the type of person to make you wish you hadn't said something you would've regretted later because he never fought with anyone. Everyone just wished they had more time. The last time I said goodbye, wasn't memorable by any means. He was on his way to work and was teasing me for locking the bathroom door by accident. And as I turned my head back to doing homework, smiling, I had no idea that it was the last time I'd see him laughing. And I'm glad that was my last memory. It was pure and just showed his true nature.

I love you Jose, I'm glad you're resting peacefully.

I'll miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment