Friday, February 21, 2014

I'm An Extraordinary Machine

Well, breaking news: I broke my toe... 6 months ago

Yup I would say that's pretty breaking news.

I'm so lame

Anyways here's the story: I guess about six months ago (or whenever I started working at Starbucks) I must've banged it against something just the wrong way that I broke my pinky toe on my right foot and not noticed because I was busy. I didn't take notice of it until 2 nights ago when I worked an 8 hour shift and was sitting on my chair. Now, my pinky toe had been bothering me for a long time but I never knew what it was, but usually after a long shift, I would start to feel a mild pain in my pinky toe. So I was sitting on my chair, and I felt the inside of my pinky toe (where the pain was being generated for the most part) and felt a hard bump and it was so tender and it hurt to poke it so I felt my other toe and there was no bump. I call my mom and she feels it and goes "Yup, you have a broken toe" and I was shocked because its been hurting for months. So the little bump is actually a piece of bone sticking out to the side but it's not broken skin so I never noticed it.

So I've been working and running and living my life with a broken toe. Now that's its set right, I actually feel discomfort. Its taped to my other toe so it will straighten itself out because its healed crookedly. But I'm not telling any of my shifts or managers because they'll either make me work less or put me on stinking POS (front register) so I don't have to move very much. And that's not gonna happen.

But besides that, nothing interesting has happened. I'm finally selling the car today. Its sad actually. I loved that car. So many memories. But it's time to say goodbye. My first car. Thank you, RIP "The Big Bitch". Also, I've become a chef (using the term lightly) because I made an awesome dinner that was spinach patties over yellow rice with marinara sauce and fresh mozzarella on top. Soo good!

But I must leave you with this little ditty about how I'm hardcore and didn't know I broke my toe. The show must go on!

Have a lovely weekend!

xo

p.s. the drink is awesome! Its a berry hibiscus/lemonade mix, not shaken with passion tea poured over the ice! Try it!




No comments:

Post a Comment