Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Search Party

I'm searching for the motivation to get my paper written.

No but seriously, hello children. Been a long weekend since I last posted. Been working and reading everything I needed to so I can finally sit down and finish this first paper I have due next week. Friday night I was with Stacey and Ryan just hanging out and watching Friends all night, then finishing a bottle of white wine at my place while having a tipsy heart to heart with Ryan. Woke up Saturday at 12 30 pm (much needed sleep) and donned my sweatshirt, pink fuzzy socks, and sweatpants ready to sit on my couch and do all my homework. Well my intentions were in the right place but all I did really was read a whole chapter in my Death and Dying textbook, do some Stats problems, lot of highlighting, and make dinner. The whole day wasn't wasted but it was good to not have to do anything and just hang out. Sunday I had to work, so Cassandra and I headed downtown and she did homework while I read my book and (occasionally) made coffee for the scarce customers. When I got off at around 6, we decided to take a quick detour down to The Point (which is literally the point of the city of Pittsburgh) since the weather was so nice and we just sat there and watched the sun set. Not a bad weekend at all, relaxing but also a little adventurous.

On Saturday, the temperature did drop to about 60 degrees (F) and it was rainy so, naturally, I drank all the hot tea and listened to acoustic covers like a basic chick. The best thing about this weather is that it continued on for a few days so I immediately broke out my sweaters and leggings and Doc's and ran out of my apartment ready to embrace the cloudy and colder weather. All the way up until this bright Tuesday morning, it was cold enough to wear a sweater and jeans and not feel like you were going to die. Now it's just a brisk 75 which is bearable. The end of this week I think will be Pittsburgh's last spark of summer heat, going back into the 80's and then it's going to get gradually cooler, which I am so thankful for.

Today isn't all that exciting but I am going to be going to the gym with Stacey and get working on my cardio (yuck) but at least someone will be there to suffer with me. My parentals are coming into town this weekend and I am super pumped to see them and the pups.

 I'm going to force myself to work on my paper now. Until next time kids!

xo








No comments:

Post a Comment